Hugh MacLeod of Gaping Void has been accepting “Mini-Manifestos” for the past couple weeks. After reading a handful, I felt the urge to write my own.
- If I want to listen to Johnny Cash during the â€œwork dayâ€, then I listen to Johnny Cash during the workday.
- If I want to declare flip-flops and a t-shirt as â€œacceptable dress codeâ€, then I declare flip-flops and t-shirts as acceptable dress code.
- Since I lost patience for â€œmicro-managing supervisorsâ€, I am sure to not micro-manage nor become a â€œsupervisorâ€.
- I might miss a â€œsteady paycheckâ€, but I donâ€™t miss burnt coffee, fluorescent lighting, and zombie-like co-workers.
- 8 â€“ 5 with weekends and holidays off! Means nothing if at 5:01 and on weekends and holidays you feel like a prisoner who has been freed, only to know that you must return soon.
[…] Ah yes, even more reason to follow the manifesto below. […]
[…] A manifesto for the independent entrepreneur. (thanks, Hugh) In my case, s/Johnny Cash/Dave Brubeck/. Not sure whether my boss is an idiot, either. […]
[…] Hugh MacLeod of Gaping Void has been taking “Mini-Manifestos” for the past couple weeks. This one was submitted by Rod Call, and I must say, I can't put it any better myself.. […]